Truck Accidents and Why They Happen
Trucks classified under different categories such as semi-trucks, tractor-trailers etc. are an essential part of transportation and are used to transport a vast array of commercial, industrial, and consumer products. With the dramatic increase in these commercial vehicles on roadways, there has been a significant increase in road accidents.
Truck accidents can lead to serious injuries including, spinal cord injury, brain injury, burn injury and let you face post-accident consequences which include damages and loss. Truck drivers usually make some common mistakes that add fuel to the fire. If you have recently suffered from a truck accident in Dallas, Texas, your knowledge about your rights will surely benefit you.
Common Mistakes That Cause Truck Accidents
- Driver Fatigue: Truckers usually exhaust themselves beyond the point of safe driving to fetch extra cash to meet their daily expenses.
- Lack of Experience: Experience matters a lot in the trucking industry. Truckers with vast experience in the field have “learned the ropes” through years of hands-on experience whereas individuals new to the industry are still novices, and inexperienced to the true nature of the road when behind the wheel.
- Poor Truck Maintenance: Truckers may neglect their fleets by not providing proper routine truck maintenance to ensure their vehicle performs safely and efficiently on the road.
- Distracted Driving: This is one of the common causes for truck or any other motor accidents. Due to certain technological advancements, every trucker is equipped with a cell phone, and flat screen navigation systems, and these can be a major factor when it comes to distracting the driver.
- Improper Loading: Truck accidents can also happen due to improper loading of cargo. It is important for truckers to get their trucks loaded and secured properly in order to avert any accidents or injuries. Shifting of products, uneven weight distribution etc. are some of the contributing factors that can lead to truck accidents.
There are various other reasons that are not to be ignored while on the road. In case of a trucking accident, you need a truck accident attorney in Dallas, Texas who is experienced enough to ensure the successful outcome of your case.